Join Our Team!
R.P. Fedder Industrial is looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate a Pleating Machine.
You’ll be responsible for the continuous and efficient running of the Pleating Machine’s production. Your ultimate goal will be to ensure that production procedures are carried out smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
If you’ve ever operated a printing machine before, you’d be great at this job.
Are you reliable and do you pay attention to details? Do you adhere to safety standards? Do you embrace continuous learning and on-the-job training to keep improving? Are you a team player who likes to collaborate with other coworkers? If so, this might be your next perfect job!
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a Print Press Operator which is similar to our Pleating Machines, or similar experience / skills
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
Facility follows CDC guidelines for a safe manufacturing environment, including policies for face mask use, facility cleaning, health monitoring, temperature checks, sanitation stations, and more.